Saturday, August 29, 2015

Robin Williams

When Robin Williams committed suicide, it was a shock to the world. Those of us who grew up watching him were in awe of his amazing talent and wit. When I heard the news of his suicide, it validated the fact that NO ONE truly knows what is going on in someone's head!!!  Many people probably thought 'he is rich and famous and has it all'. That is one of the main points of depression; you can have it all or have it better than others, but 'the disease of depression' takes over and doesn't let us be happy about anything.  One of my main reasons for this blog is to make sure I can get the message out to others I don't want anyone to feel as alone as I did!  I came across the quote by Robin Williams below and thought it is very fitting for many of us who are or have gone through depression!!!

"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anyone else to feel like that". Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment