Sunday, August 16, 2015

Beginning our walk!


As I was looking at this picture, it reminds me of how I felt at times walking through various periods of depression in my life.  Sometimes things were so bad (the walk seemed too steep); I just wanted to jump in the water and say "forget it; this is too hard".  Sometimes I could see to the other side; it was flat and more stable.  I thought if I could just take a leap of faith, the "walk" would be a little easier.

Whether you are the person going through depression and/or having thoughts of suicide OR you are the friend or loved one watching someone go through these times, I want you to know YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  This disease, and yes it is an actual disease, causes us to believe we are the only one it is happening to and no one would understand.  But so many people care about you!!! I named my blog Walkinitthru because it is what we have to do.  If we can only take 1 step (figuratively) a day, that's better than none at all.  Just like in the movie Finding Nemo, Dora said "Just keep swimming", I'm encouraging you to just keep walking.  Walk it thru!  You will make it!  Don't give up!  Life is hard, but life can get better! My desire for this blog is to provide encouragement, tips on how to get through things, stories of my personal walk, and hopefully some laughter along the way.

3 comments:

  1. I totally love what you are doing!! Your words really encouraged me today!!! Love the words and great wisdom that you have regarding the issue of depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles to you my friend...the authentic kind :)

    ReplyDelete